New popcorn vendor this year – Pecatonica River Popcorn! Check your email for an introductory email to set-up your scout’s profile.
Site sales begin September 19th. Times and locations are available on Sign-up Genius. Check your email. Sign up now! Due to COVID precautions, only 1 scout per timeslot.
Ways to sell popcorn:
- Online – set-up your online account and tell your family and friends to place an order.
- Storefront Sales – sign-up for time slots using the link above.
- Door to Door – Bring a wagon filled with popcorn and your best cub scout smile!
- Take Orders – Call your friends, family members and neighbors.
Tips for making your Scout popcorn sales really POP!
- Set a prize goal.
- Do Your Best – Wear your uniform, smile and introduce yourself.
- Be Prepared – Know your products and what you are going to say.
- Be Confident – Make eye contact, speak loudly and clearly.
- Be Courteous – Be polite and always thank everyone, even if they don’t buy popcorn.
- If customer doesn’t like popcorn, ask if they want to support scouting or a military donation.
- Say THANK YOU. Write friends, family members & neighbors a thank you.
- Buddy System – always have a buddy or adult with you when selling.
- House Rules – politely decline to enter a stranger’s house
- Money Matters – keep checks & cash in the sale envelope
- Road Rules – use the sidewalk and look both ways when crossing the street
- Curfew – never sell after dark
The list of prizes from the Pathway To Adventure Council at each sales level is:
If a scout sells $750 they will receive 2 tickets to the Chicago Wolves! If a scout sells $1250 they also receive 2 tickets and transportation to the Indianapolis Grand Prix in May 2021!!